I am a human interest columnist and freelance writer. I have writtten 530 columns for the Wooster Daily Record. I will be featured in AKC Gazette this spring in an article on pet bereavement. I have been writing a memoir about my therapy dog called Hannah's Memory Box, which I hope to have published in 2010.
Hannah's Memory Box
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Wednesday's Child
I can't believe that after a lifetime of teaching drama and speech to high schoolers and elementary kids, that I would be a writer now. Check the-daily-record.com every Wednesday for my column called Sentimental Journey. Today's topic was dear friend, Jim Rea, who demonstrated a kindness of heart seldom seen in today's world. Jim was a read gem.He passed away last week. Besides my column writing, I am working on a memoir about my therapy dog, Hannah, training my new dog, Hazel, helping my teenagers survive their adolescence, and homeschooling my daughter.I will be writing on this blog about any and all of those issues. Besides those activities, I sing and cantor at church (did six services last week alone: one wedding, two masses, two funerals and one reconciliation service). I study voice and guitar, run my household and taxi my kids to and fro. Hazel and I clomp a few miles a day through the neighborhood.I guess after seeing my column in the newspaper on Wednesday for ten years, I now think of myself as Wednesday's child. Hope you enjoy reading my blog. Hugs and ear scratches, Leslie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment